HP officejet pro K8600 needing advice!

ARSHOOTER

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet Pro K8600
Much like the previous post, I'm having an issue with an HP Office Jet Pro K8600.

The printer sat for a while after I retired but now I find myself in a position at the local food pantry that requires me to print a lot of forms, flyers etc.

I purchased new HP ink cartridges and print heads (could have bought a new printer for what they cost).

If I'm reading everything correctly the ink cartridges supply the print heads with ink and the print heads have a little capacity of their own.

My problems lies with the black ink system. The new print K/Y head printed black for a while but quit printing.
HP replaced the print head and the new one did the same thing.

I'm now assuming the tube between ink cartridge and the print head is clogged. Yellow, magenta and blue print just fine as far as I can tell.

Is there a procedure to unclog the tube or do you think there is possibly another problem with the printer.

Any help would be appreciated.

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
I have a pro 8600. Not sure if we are talking about the same printer or system, however I removed the part of the printer that holds the print heads and put in in warm running water (sink) and then soaked it till it ran clean and put it back on the computer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH3p2uFalxg

ARSHOOTER

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet Pro K8600
I don't think we are. Mine is an A3 printer
and is a K8600.

Mine has separate ink cartridges and print heads. All in cartridges and print heads are new from HP.

As I understand it, there is a tube that supplies ink from the ink cartridge to the print head. The print head has a small reserve of ink in it.

I believe the tube that transfers the ink from the black ink cartridge to the K/Y print head has become blocked.

If I put a new print head in it it will print black just fine until the black ink supply in the print head is exhausted.

All other colors print just fine. It's only the black that quits.

Any idea on how to unplug the the black tube between the cartridge and the print head?

ACaD

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP OfficeJet Pro K8600
If you open the cover of the printer and look at the ink tubes going from the cartridges to the printhead carrier, are all of them full of ink?

ARSHOOTER

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet Pro K8600
Really not sure what I'm looking at or for. I'll get a better flashlight and see if I can tell anything.
Right now all I can see is the sponges.