Hp Lazerjet M4345XM MFP question

postmas

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp Lazerjet M4345XM MFP
Hi, we are from a private school in greece and we need to buy a printer for many photocopies per day. A company has suggested us to buy this model Hp Lazerjet M4345XM MFP. In the description it is stated that it can produce 45 pages per minute and overall 200.000 copies per month which will be great if its true. So i want to ask everyone who has this printer, are these numbers of copies true and is this printer really good and stable? Have u ever had any problems with this printer like chewing paper etc and would u recommend that to a school?

Thanks!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@postmas, that’s a big ask, because all high-end laser printers, regardless of brand name, are capable of enormous monthly cycles, but the snag with all of these printer is that you need someone who knows about printers and can to maintain them, daily.

If students are let near any good printer, then it will fail very quickly, because paper handling is the key to care free prints day in day out, so have a staff member load the large paper trays daily according to use, don’t permit any student to interfere with paper loading.

If necessary, send a staff member on a training course.

Stuartb3502

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG7550
I find these duty cycles confusing. On all the lasers we're looking at at the moment, there are monthly duty cycles of say 200,000 but then a recommended maximum per month of 2,500-20,000. Seems to be typical IT and printer industry cr*p. Given I'm a sceptic, I'd always go with the lower set of figures they quote as a maximum.

If you're looking at those kind of volumes, it may be worth finding a supplier who will contract on the basis of a total cost per copy including all supplies and maintenance. Not sure if you can get that in Greece, but a lease deal like this would mean that the problem is transferred to your supplier.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Stuartb3502 , These duty cycles are correct on all the high-end laser printers, they work out very reasonable on mono prints but when using colour it can be much more expensive, about 20 cent a sheet.

There are several inkjet printers you can get and when used with compatibles or refillable carts are far cheaper to run on high volume.. ;)

Stuartb3502

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG7550
Thanks. What do they mean then...

e.g. on a Lexmark CS720de

Monthly Duty Cycle 120,000 Pages/Month
Recommended Max Print Volume 15,000 Pages/Month Pages/Month

Is the recommended maximum just because of the size of cartridges and because you'd have to change too frequently?

Interesting point about inkjets on high volume (I've posted a question about that too).

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Duty Cycle

Monthly Duty Cycle 120,000 Pages/Month
Recommended Max Print Volume 15,000 Pages/Month

To me, this just indicates the maximum possible and the sensible realistic volume to use in your calculations.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
those numbers don't mean much on their own, you could keep a printer running all day long and replace paper, ink or toner until some service counter stops you or recommends you something. A duty cycle should be seen together with other service counters, e.g. for belts, for the OPCs etc, there might be some replaceable parts to be handled after x00 000 number of pages. The recommended print volume may relate to restrictions in the manufacturer's warranty conditions like with cars - 4 years or 100 000 km whatever comes first, or service rates vary with an avarage print volume/month