HP inkjet paper not for me..

Ant

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6220
So just got back after finding some HP inkjet paper, tried it out on a nozzle check and compared it with my old staples inkjet paper and I found the black pigment ink nozzle check was way blacker on the old staples inkjet paper than on the new HP paper, the same section on the HP paper seemed grey instead of black in comparison, so looks like I will be going back to my old staples inkjet paper in future, it happens to be cheaper, prints pigment blacks better and has 100 more sheets even though its the same weight and brightness 96. Wanted to try a new paper and I guess I have profited by learning that the paper I had before the HP paper was superior, gave the paper cassette an inspection and a clean and not much paper dust at all really which is good.

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
I think there should be more reviews about plain paper, it is the most used paper.
It's good you discovered that Staples paper is better than HP brand paper.

At the moment I've got some Xerox 75 gsm paper. I's very white! Next time I choose the United Office again.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I use United Office 80 gm copy paper all the time and for two good reasons one is it works great in all my printer and two it’s as cheap as chips so why not.

I am not a fan of HP papers especially anything with Colorlok, yes the prints look better than on most other papers, but the colours don’t have fade on that surface after awhile, plus it’s far more expensive.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
IIRC I read on the forum that Colorlok is a benefit for dye inks, but not for pigment black.

I also bought some of the United Office plain paper, and I think it is a reasonably priced paper good for everyday plain paper documents, but this of course is no proper review. What should a proper review test for? Office paper comes in many variations with different weights and opacities and some papers are optimised for laser printers, others for inkjet printers. Special expensive high definition paper exists, that is better for duplex printing, and has a clearer and sharper print.

Here is a druckerchannel article in English about proper choice, storage and handling of office paper. The article is also available in German if you prefer that. Link here: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=2069&t=clues_and_knowhow_office_paper

Ant

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6220
The pigment black is more a charcoal colour on the new HP paper and my eye tells me there are other colors being drawn out slightly like a chromatography effect, though the dye colours are slightly better than the staples paper, that could be a result of the time between printing each sheet.