HP Designjet 130

Andraz

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon 9500
Hi everyone!

I was offered a used HP DesignJet 130 for real cheap (around 150 Euro). Apparently it works fine and wasn't used much, but I will get the chance to test it before buying, so there is little risk involved.

What is the general opinion of this printer? I know it's a six ink dye 24-inch printer, but I would like to hear some first-hand experience. I found favorable reviews on Google, but they are of course 10 years old... Are there any issues I have to be aware? Also, are there any good third-party inks?

I also have a Canon Pro 9500 which works fine for me, but I thought it would be nice to have a 24 inch printer. On the other hand I am not sure how practical it would be. If there are for example clogging issues, I don't want to spend a lot of dealing with that...:)

So if anyone has any experience with this printer or knows any useful info, I would be grateful if they could share.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
it all depends on what you want to print -e.g. photos - and you have enough space to post larger prints - then get the printer - photo prints are getting more impressive to view - you see more details and at the same time have a view of the larger picture . If you plan go for refill be aware that most 3rd party dye inks have much less light fastness than the HP inks.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990