Hp 22

bigben2525

kickbox
Reaction score
Just started filling some hp 22's over the past few days. So far on every fill the magenta starts overflowing. I have the fill setting set to 6 which I believe is the suggested amount. Any tips? Why only magenta?

I am using the inkjetfactory from SME.

kudos

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey Ben how you doin? Is it still doing that? There should be a manual fill volume adjust somewhere. Let me know. How is the new machine treating you. This is Dominic just sayin hello!;)

bigben2525

kickbox
Reaction score
Hey Dominic! How are you? I fixed the problem. I just had my fill settings to high. It was just weird how only the magenta over flowed.

Ken_CW_Honolulu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
bigben2525 said:
Hey Dominic! How are you? I fixed the problem. I just had my fill settings to high. It was just weird how only the magenta over flowed.
How empty were the cartridges? There could have been residual ink in the magenta chamber/sponge if you aren't draining them or flushing them. If the HP22's all come from the same source (maybe a company with a green logo/color scheme) then I could see them with leftover magenta.

Inkin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
HP 22 comes with only around 6mls. You can put 3mls in each color or fill to the max of 5mls each.

Now the reason Magenta doesn't take the full amount is that most people don't print a lot with that color.

Guardian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Inkin said:
Now the reason Magenta doesn't take the full amount is that most people don't print a lot with that color.
That might be true, but in my opinion it has nothing to do with what people do with their printers. I had (still have, to some extent) the same problem with literally all colour HP's. I peeked into the broken 57 I've had and magenta sponge is slightly smaller than other sponges, also there's of course filter beneath it. If the filter is pierced by needle the cart is no good and will be foaming (not the case with blacks, they simply won't be printing correctly). Also, I've read somewhere that some inks have more air in them and vacuum have to be set higher in order to get rid of the problem.

Try double spinning (I'm actually triple spinning them - printhead out, then printhead in, and again out, but I'd probably get fired if my boss would realize how much energy and time I'm "wasting"), that ink residue can really mess things up at times (after spinning one way you can easily have about 0,5 - 1,5ml of each colour left.

Hope that helps.