HP 2130 (sealed) - keep or sell?

marius19897

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 2130
Hello!
I am a new member here. I find myself in the situation of asking for some help regarding a new printer that I got as a gift. First of all, I searched for info about it on this forum but couldn't find anything relevant.
I am aware of the cheap printer/expensive consumables thing and I want to know if I should buy an inexpensive ($12) improved CISS (3 chambers) or just sell the printer to someone who wants it for some parts (I intend to let the buyer know what he/she is actually buying).
I also know that these cheap printers tend to fail after some time (waste ink pad counter etc.) and I really don't want to lose hair at this age because of an extremely poor designed printer. Thank you!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am aware of the cheap printer/expensive consumables thing and I want to know
You are correct, the cost of running this printer will be expensive, and purchasing a CISS unit for it will only add further costs, most CISS units work only for a short while and then your back buying expensive carts once again.

Inkjet printers are never cheap to run, but a B&W mono laser printer is a much better option, I also received a HP printer free but gave it away without opening it, and I have since learned the printer was then passed onto someone else..:smack

marius19897

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 2130
You are correct, the cost of running this printer will be expensive, and purchasing a CISS unit for it will only add further costs
Hello!
Thank you for your (very) quick answer. I find it quite annoying that you can find so many video tutorials on YouTube about doing this and that to you printer and they all present it's a piece of cake to install a CISS. Also, HP is doing so much harm to the environment...
I will think more about it so that I am convinced that I am doing the right thing for me, but in the end I will most likely sell it. Thank you, again!

Latest posts