How to pull print head from Artisan?

mbb04915

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 837
Searched for and could not find a procedure for pulling the print head from an Epson Artisan. Does such a procedure exist? With care, is it do-able?

Why? you may ask.... Its a very long story...... ; )

M

mbb04915

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 837
Artisan 837

mbb04915

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 837
And if it exceedingly unwise, I will not do it.......

mbb04915

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 837
Simplest way to describe situation is that i have one printer with a good head but damaged ability to communicate with computer, and another that communicates perfectly but with very clogged head (6 hours of unclogging efforts and counting....)

thanks in advance

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I rather would swap the electronics board, you may need a service manual to see how to open the cover.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

berttheghost

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
Please check out some capping station (pump cap) cleaning videos from inkjetmall or others on youtube, if you haven't already done so.

I've forgotten most of what little I knew about Epson printers, so I can't recall exactly trying to remove/replace the printhead on one without a mess of special tools and replacements for non-reuseable parts is a really, really bad idea.

Keep trying conservative printhead cleaning methods. 6 hours is probably a good time for your first try. Let the printer sit overnight between cleaning attempts.

Stay away from cleaning methods that attempt to force cleaning solution into the printhead under pressure. The printhead has a bunch of internal gaskets that are easily ruined by excess pressure.

Good Luck!