How to open multi-page threads to FIRST post instead of LAST?

SkedAddled

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO-100, MG5320, Xerox 6027
Especially annoying is when I come across a multi-page thread which I haven't yet visited,
and it opens by default on the last post or page. Grrr!

I wanna see the original post, before I delve deeper!

Can this behavior be changed in my profile, or am I doomed to the shortsightedness of the
forum's administrator's whims?

I love what this forum is overall, but this one issue has been driving me batshit-crazy
ever since I decided to register and join up. I've never seen it, on many other forums
I've used, so I find it difficult to understand why it's not a selectable option here.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
On the forum start page the ten newest posts are listed with the newest post at top. At left are the thread headlines and at right are the date and time for the newest post in that thread. Clicking the headline opens the first post of the thread and clicking the date and time opens the newest post of the thread. You can of course also right-click and select "Open in a new tab"

This also works with threads in the different forums. For instance Canon inkjet printers --> My Maxify 5350 is on refill ink by @palombian . Clicking the headline at the left opens the first post on page one. Clicking the date and time goes to the last post, pt post #328 on page #33.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I wanna see the original post, before I delve deeper!
There are lots of things on this new forum layout that gets my goat too, so you’re not alone, but if you click on the WHAT’S NEW Tab and select any of the thread titles there, they will open on the very first post…

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Click the Down Arrow next to "What's new" and then click on "New posts" in the pop up window. Any threads on the forum you have not read all the posts in will be shown. When you click on one of these links it will take you to the first unread post, which, if you've never read that thread before will be the very first post in the thread.

SkedAddled

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO-100, MG5320, Xerox 6027
It used to NOT work the way others have said it does,
while it was soon after that it changed.