How TO Customize Hp 7110 To Print 6 Disc ?

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Dear Users
Hi
Does Any Body Have Any Tutorial That How We Can Make Hp7110 To Print 6 Discs ?
The Printers Are Shown On Youtube That Will Be Able To Print 6 Disc On A Tray

Thanks

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I did a Google search for "hp7100 cd printing" and found some Youtube links like this one.

It seems these HP printers have a rear feed slot for thick card board material and photo paper, so probably no modification is done to the printer. You will need a special template to hold the CD's and some tray to support the template while it is being fed into the printer.

It looks to me like the Youtube videos are camouflaged ads, contact info often leads to companies selling these printers and the custom made trays. Here is a link and one more. I think the sellers of these trays don't want to post any DIY info. Maybe this image will give you some ideas about the construction of a template?

The prices are not exactly low, but maybe you could make your own from two pieces of cardboard glued together? If this works you might consider making a more durable tray from thin sheets of acrylic or other suitable plastic, if you have the possibilities to machine the acrylic. I think the hardest problem will be cutting the holes in the top layer of acrylic to hold the CD's. This might be very difficult without proper machinery; acrylic has a tendency to crack when worked at with simple hand tools, I know from experience. Water used as a lubricant and coolant might help in cutting the holes successfully.

If you succeed in making your own CD tray, please post a report with photos. I wish you good luck with the project :)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thank you very much :)

My suggestion to use cardboard to make a CD template was inspired from this old tip by Tim Taylor for a home made CD tray for a Canon Pixma 4000. Click Canon IP4000 at the top left and scroll down to see the CD tray made from cereal boxes!

For patent reasons CD printing was blocked for Canon printers sold in the US, but the printers could be unblocked. But to print CD's you needed a CD tray, and European Ebay sellers demanded high prices for these. So I think Tim Taylor's suggestion is a wonderful work-around :)

Latest posts