Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey All,

I was posting in this thread here:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=211#211

and got to thinking... "I wonder how often other people refill their cartridges?"

Well, as it turns out I'm pretty anal about the whole thing so I've kept track of my cartridges, how many times I've refilled, when I've refilled and how much ink I've put in them since owning my i860 since 7/2004

I'm averaging about a refill a month, and about 7.5 ml per refill per color (I'm a FIRM believer in topping off cartridges).

Any ideas how often YOU refill your cartridges and how much ink you use?

hseeng

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok, but how much does once a month get in prints.
40 - 8x10s?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Honestly... I have no idea how much I'm able to print. I wish my printer had an internal memory page counter on it like my HP laserjet does.

I print mostly color documents from MS Word, stuff from the internet, business cards, and occasional photos. I also run a nozzle check pattern about every day.

The greatest thing about refilling is not being afraid of printing in color. I see an image online I think my daughter will like and I print a full 8x10 of it on the back of some scratch paper and hand it to her. She looks at it, talks to it, crumples it up, and then I toss it. Imagine the cost if I did that with OEM inks!