please post me reset instruction
thanks

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Druckerchannel.de has an instruction for resetting the absorber counter "D-value" on the iP7250 printer. The iP7240 is the same printer, just for another Canon region. A D-value of 100% means the absorber is full and a D-value of 0% means the absorber is new and contains no ink.

The instruction for the counter reset is here in German or here in a Google translated English.

For the reset a Canon service tool version 3.200 is recommended. You find a link and instruction for download here. You can read more about the service tools and their use in this lengthy thread.

But resetting a counter doesn't make the ink disappear, so it is recommended to change or clean the ink absorbers. You risk a nasty ink spill if you only reset the counter and continue printing. Some say that you that you can reset the counter just once and continue printing without ink overflow. I don't know, I wouldn't do it.

Here is the complete druckerchannel instruction for absorber change in German, and here in English.

I have searched for a service manual and parts catalog for the printer, but found none, so I cannot tell you the parts number for the absorbers. But the absorbers can be washed by hand (and rubber gloves) and dried and reused.

Edit: Since this was written there have been reports that the Canon Service Tool v3200 has been used to successfully do the reset. But there has also been reports of lost access to service mode on other printers of the same type using this service tool. It is recommended to buy a newer service tool compatible with the printer, from Ebay

Last edited:

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Druckerchannel.de has an instruction for resetting the absorber counter "D-value" on the iP7250 printer. The iP7240 is the same printer, just for another Canon region. A D-value of 100% means the absorber is full and a D-value of 0% means the absorber is new and contains no ink.

The instruction for the counter reset is here in German or here in a Google translated English.

For the reset a Canon service tool version 3.200 is recommended. You find a link and instruction for download here. You can read more about the service tools and their use in this lengthy thread.

But resetting a counter doesn't make the ink disappear, so it is recommended to change or clean the ink absorbers. You risk a nasty ink spill if you only reset the counter and continue printing. Some say that you that you can reset the counter just once and continue printing without ink overflow. I don't know, I wouldn't do it.

Here is the complete druckerchannel instruction for absorber change in German, and here in English.

I have searched for a service manual and parts catalog for the printer, but found none, so I cannot tell you the parts number for the absorbers. But the absorbers can be washed by hand (and rubber gloves) and dried and reused.

really really so thanks . works like charm
maybe you can not believe but i reset over 3 times one of my canon 4840 but nothing happens without replacing ink pad no overflow nothing

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thank you for the feed back and confirming that the procedure for entering service mode and the service tool worked with the iP7240. Service mode operations on the newest Canon printers have caused problems and questions.

If the iP4840 has not yet had an ink overflow after being reset 3 times, I guess resetting the iP7240 once might be safe. But it is your risk and decision. I guess you should take care to keep the iP4840 horizontal if you move it or ink might leak out.

I think the iP4600/4700 series models are mechanically similar to your iP4840, so this druckerchannel instruction also applies to your printer. In English here. You might need the instruction in the future.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Consider placing a tray of some sort under the printer to catch any leaked ink that may occur in the future.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is what an ink overflow might look like:

DCP_3053.jpg

I borrowed the image from Craig Ross in this thread which I think is worth reading.

dadasalam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
epson printers leaks like charm :D
i have t50 and p50 after one reset if you dont replace they leak like a river :D
but since now i dont have any problems with canons
i hope that my tiny 7240 dont leak :D

so thanks for all feedback and helps

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Here is what an ink overflow might look like:

DCP_3053.jpg

I borrowed the image from Craig Ross in this thread which I think is worth reading.
From the looks of it, I think Craig Ross has been printing the wrong way. :gig

(Shameless rip on the names of the videos from CrazyRussianHacker on YouTube such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMHwsJKj1MA. Who knew I was eating chicken wings the wrong way my entire life. The video he does about opening a can using concrete, however, could be useful one day :idunno.)