Hopeful Refiller...Without a Clue.

NfiniteZERO

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA TS6020
Hi all.

Just got a new printer not too long ago and ended up buying a Canon TS6020. And now, I have to deal with the 800lb gorilla in the room...ink. Hoping to figure out a plan for that before the starter tanks go dry.

Before I go on, here's the specs and the intended philosophy of use:

Canon TS6020
Ink Tanks: 5
OEM Cartridges: CLI-271 C/Y/M/BK; PGI-270 PGBK
Intended Use: Typical Home Use, Hobbyist Photography (non-commercial stuff - friends/family, wife does scrap-booking).

I'm looking heavily into refilling but have no real idea where to start. I've seen the cheap inks creep into view on Amazon, but somehow I don't think that will deliver the quality I'm looking for. I know from the research I've done that there are a few inks out there that get really close to OEM quality (or better). Since most of my research pointed to this forum, I figured you'd be the folks to ask directly.

At the end of the day, I'm looking for the wife or I to be able to print whatever, whenever, and not have to pay through the nose for that OEM ink. I'd rather have messy hands and a few more bucks in my pocket.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Since most of my research pointed to this forum, I figured you'd be the folks to ask directly.

Welcome @NfiniteZERO, just maybe you’ve come to the right place for good advice, firstly no 3rd party ink will ever be as good as OEM ink, but its close enough to be acceptable my most refillers.

Try this ink supplier for carts and inks that are compatible to your printer, they have a good reputation for quality and advice with lots of good recommendations...

http://www.precisioncolors.com/C5Eb.html

NfiniteZERO

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA TS6020
Welcome @NfiniteZERO, just maybe you’ve come to the right place for good advice, firstly no 3rd party ink will ever be as good as OEM ink, but its close enough to be acceptable my most refillers.

Try this ink supplier for carts and inks that are compatible to your printer, they have a good reputation for quality and advice with lots of good recommendations...

http://www.precisioncolors.com/C5Eb.html

Sounds good. I'll check them out.

Do you recommend having two sets of refillable cartridges to make things easier?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Do you recommend having two sets of refillable cartridges to make things easier?
I’d just start using the one set to get use to them, then later fill the second set when your more comfortable using the ARC chips...