hooow to reset ip2000 canon ??

miki

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi all i overheard a software to exist to reset printer canon like epson i have all for epsonnn but no for canon only i've reseted these printers by thier panel control ?

how can i get this sofware anybody could share it with me ??

how to get manua techniciannn service of printers canon ??

sorry for my grammar im from brazil

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Why do you need to reset your ip2000? Ip2000 uses BCI-24 black and color cartridges. There are no chips on these
cartridges. You can refill them as many times as you want until they stop working.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up posts, but I'm curious about what you mean by "until they stop working"? i mean, how can you damage an ink tank through "normal" use?

I think the original poster was curious how to automatically reset the ink monitoring system. I hear Epson detects new tanks and resets automatically. Canon relies on us to do it manually every time we replace a tank.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Canon carts can get clogged a bit or have restricted ink flow after several refills due to ink drying in the sponge, outlet filter, or channel between the reservoir and sponge area. The bci-6 and bci-3 carts can be backflushed (see the thread on this forum) and restored to good function.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Yes, but the iP2000 uses the older BCI-24 blk and color ink tanks....

Hmmm... I guess these babies can have dry sponges if you leave them empty too long, but I plan to keep ink tanks refilled as soon as they skirt the line of "empty."