hobbicolor technique for cli-8

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I read the instructions on how to fill.. basically just drill the whole in the reservoir tank.. fill... use his plug.. cover air intake and squeeze sponge section until about 5 drops come out and your done.. I've been reading through some posts here and all seem more involved than this.. So will this approach be fine ??

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Should work fine. Some of us here, including myself, like to get into the more esoteric techniques :D. There are various methods of sealing the cartridges. I personally use stainless steel screws and small diameter "O" rings. Also I find squeeze bottles with a 1.5" needle (from Howard Electronics) to be much easier to use than the syringe that comes with Hobbicolors, and others, inks. I can hold the cartridge in one hand and the bottle in the other and fill with less spillage. Also I was always afraid of knocking over the ink bottle when loading the syringe. Made a holder out of a 2 X 4 drilled to hold the open bottle. But, the Hobbicolors instructions do work. I use this brand of ink and am very happy with it. Search this forum for filling and sealing techniques that you may want to try later.

Steve W.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
dwolf said:
I read the instructions on how to fill.. basically just drill the whole in the reservoir tank.. fill... use his plug.. cover air intake and squeeze sponge section until about 5 drops come out and your done.. I've been reading through some posts here and all seem more involved than this.. So will this approach be fine ??
I think that covering the ink outlet would also be a step :)

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
jackson said:
I think that covering the ink outlet would also be a step :)
Actually that is in the instruction sheet as the very first thing to do when getting ready to refill. Even tells you how to do it if you threw away the original orange caps.

Steve W.