hi

j.saenz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
Been a photographer for quite a few years, recently started printing my own work on a Pixma Pro 100.

Primarily a portrait photographer, hoping to glean some knowledge.

Cheers,

Jesus

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum. Many friendly folks and a number of very knowledgeable people, some who know the Pro 100 well.

Great avatar! Self shot?

Look forward to seeing some of your work on the forum.

j.saenz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
Thank you!

Yes, self shot.

been printing trying to use up all the ink, just got in a refill kit from Precision Color

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
refill kit from Precision Color
The owner-Operator of Precision Colors is forum member Mikling. Excellent inks and service.

I recommend you do not refill the Yellow cartridge as the mix of OEM and the refill ink has caused a "Yellow Gello" which can kill a print head fast. A rare few have successfully flushed the Yellow cartridge before the first refill. Others have not had success. Mikling says on Precision Colors:

I am now strongly recommending that the original Canon Cartridge with yellow CLI-42 ink not re refilled. Users should discard that cartridge BUT retain the chip and transfer it to a refurbished cartridge that did not have the Canon CLI-42 yellow ink initially. I have made arrangements to allow this to occur without a large cost penalty to the refiller.

More reading on the Yellow Gello at http://www.precisioncolors.com/IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION ON REFILLING CANON CLI-42Y CARTRIDGES.pdf

Now on to better things.

Did you see his downloadable custom ICC printer profiles for the Pro-100 and his inks? See http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42ICC.html

I also just posted on the forum an offer in the USA for the Pro-100 plus a pack of Canon 13X19 paper for $50 after rebate. Having a second print head and another set of OEM inks handy make this a tremendous deal. I have two Pro-100's in storage and tempted to get a third now. One can never have too many printers, spouse factor withstanding. :D

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@stratman you’re an old dog keeping quiet about your Pro100 purchases, if you decide to get another one, tell the wife it’s a project for your retirement, :fl now if we can just tempt @Emulator into going pigment, I’m sure his misses would understand.. :cool:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
If you could do it for $50 you wouldn't have to persuade me.:)

Why don't Canon think Europe is worth the promotion? It is better than Lidl and Aldi prices.

j.saenz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
The refill kit I purchased did come with an empty cart for yellow... just hope I don't ruin the chip transfer.

I can say that I much prefer my prints to those I was getting from Adorama and ProDPI.