Hi folks

shadow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MX700
I signed on here with a minor question and the more I read the more I need to learn.

My Canon MX700 was giving me problems after refilling cartridges a few times. It became a leaky mess and I put off trying to fix it. It probably wasn't necessary to completely disassemble the printer, but I did. Now it's back together with the help of many notes and camera shots.

The print head is clean. I can force clear distilled water through the ports with a syringe.
The yellow port will stream free, but the other ports only foam slightly. Not knowing what the normal flow should be like I have put off trying to print.

Now after hours here reading many threads I'm overwhelmed by the detailed info on this forum. In addition to the print head I need to check out if I should flush the cartridges and also how to reset the codes.

I'm glad to be here.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi and welcome, we’re glad you like it here so please enjoy our friendly surroundings.:)

A bit confused on one of your questions, so firstly what type of cartridges are you using, the original OEM's or aftermarket carts and which inks are you using, what exactly do you mean when you say reset codes ?

shadow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MX700
Hi and welcome, we’re glad you like it here so please enjoy our friendly surroundings.:)

A bit confused on one of your questions, so firstly what type of cartridges are you using, the original OEM's or aftermarket carts and which inks are you using, what exactly do you mean when you say reset codes ?
I'm using a refill kit from PrintPayLess with resistant dye ink.
I ment reset the chip.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The printer uses PGI-5 and CLI-8 C-M-Y cartridges, so a resetter for PGI-5/CLI-8 cartridges is the proper tool to reset the chip on the cartridges. The resetter works with Canon OEM chips, but may not work with chips on compatible cartridges.

The service manual might be useful for disassembling the printer and for resetting the ink absorber counter. You find it here. The server is slow to respond and not always online, so if you get a time out error or a 404 error, try again later.

Service mode operations are found on pages 31/41 - 34/41 incl.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I signed on here with a minor question and the more I read the more I need to learn.

My Canon MX700 was giving me problems after refilling cartridges a few times. It became a leaky mess and I put off trying to fix it. It probably wasn't necessary to completely disassemble the printer, but I did. Now it's back together with the help of many notes and camera shots.

The print head is clean. I can force clear distilled water through the ports with a syringe.
The yellow port will stream free, but the other ports only foam slightly. Not knowing what the normal flow should be like I have put off trying to print.

Welcome!
The correct flow stream shape when testing with a syringe filled with water would be a FAN shape will all nozzles showing equal amounts of spray.
Anything less than a clear fan shape indicates problems.

Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm using a refill kit from PrintPayLess with resistant dye ink.
I ment reset the chip.
To be blunt you’re not using the best of cartridges or inks for that matter and the chip on these cartridge may not reset, so try this method.

Give this place a try for your inks and empty CLl-8 carts and a resetter so you can then reset all of your cartridges each time you refill them, there is also a refilling video on this site for you to familiarise yourself with a proper refilling procedure..

http://www.precisioncolors.com/
http://www.precisioncolors.com/Maintenance_Canon.html

shadow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MX700
Thanks Hat man and jtoolman,
The water is clear but no fan shape. I used hot water and also alcohol then air from my compressor. Can further soaking help at this point?

shadow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MX700
The printer uses PGI-5 and CLI-8 C-M-Y cartridges, so a resetter for PGI-5/CLI-8 cartridges is the proper tool to reset the chip on the cartridges. The resetter works with Canon OEM chips, but may not work with chips on compatible cartridges.

The service manual might be useful for disassembling the printer and for resetting the ink absorber counter. You find it here. The server is slow to respond and not always online, so if you get a time out error or a 404 error, try again later.

Service mode operations are found on pages 31/41 - 34/41 incl.
Thanks Peter,
Was your link to a direct site? The IE gave me a full list. Any particular MX700 manual? I'm sorry to be so dense.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The link worked when I posted it, but now it seems to no longer work. You can try again later. Just right click the link in post #4 and choose "Open in a new tab". If the server is online a PDF with the service manual will load, it might take some time for the manual to load. You can save this PDF.

The ftp mail.racs.co.bw server is often down and slow to respond, so have patience, and if you get a time out error, try again later. The server seems to be located in Botswana, maybe it is only online during business hours? Time zone for Botswana = GMT + 2 hours.

shadow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MX700
The link worked when I posted it, but now it seems to no longer work. You can try again later. Just right click the link in post #4 and choose "Open in a new tab". If the server is online a PDF with the service manual will load, it might take some time for the manual to load. You can save this PDF.

The ftp mail.racs.co.bw server is often down and slow to respond, so have patience, and if you get a time out error, try again later. The server seems to be located in Botswana, maybe it is only online during business hours? Time zone for Botswana = GMT + 2 hours.
Thanks again Peter for your feedback. I'll try again later.