Hi everyone!

astecno

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
My name is Adriano Stecno, half italian and half hungarian, husband, father of two little girls and a computer engineer. I'm fascinated by photography and big prints since my childhood but only in the last 10 years I have been taking photography and printing seriously.

I am new to the forum but the forum is not new to me. I started following the discussions here a few years ago but as someone who do not own a printer I have never felt the urgency to create an account. After all, how could I contribute to the discussions? That has changed a few weeks ago after convincing a friend to sell his neglected and underused (only 400 prints) Epson Stylus Pro 3800, a printer I've been dreaming for so long.

"You are not buying a printer, you are buying a baby (in the worst sense)", told my friend. Its ink costs more than gold, it clogs all the time, it stops working when you more need it and it breaks for reasons that even the Epson engineers don't have a clue. But it also produces beautiful and somewhat big prints. And it free ourselves from the minilab plague. So, I asked my wife: why not a baby to take care of after 40?! Well, she agreed. And here we are.

Ops... sorry friends. I can not keep the conversation going right now. Time to clean my baby!

Last edited: