Hi All

Michael Maher

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100
Was told about this forum by a friend and member (3dogs). I have a Canon Pro 100, had it for a few months now and its working well within the confines of my knowledge. I am sure there is a lot I could learn from other owners on this forum. I use the Canon Pro Platinum (when I can find it, one seller told me it was no longer being sold in Australia?) its a paper I like for its strong blacks especially for monochrome work. For colour I mostly use Canson...its reasonably priced and handles subtle colour well. Have tried Ilford which I like but that is more expensive and is also becoming difficult to find (I think there are company changes that are effecting its distribution (in Australia at least).

I have downloaded profiles for Canson and Ilford but when don't full understand how to match the paper type from that offered (mostly Canon)?

I have found a fairly cheap price for original Canon ink but they are quite small ink cassettes and don't last long which I can live with as my printer is only used for camera club competition and not used for any volume printing. I will start reading earlier posts and see what I can learn...any comments or suggestions are very welcome. Regards all, Mike

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Was told about this forum by a friend and member (3dogs). I have a Canon Pro 100, had it for a few months now and its working well within the confines of my knowledge. I am sure there is a lot I could learn from other owners on this forum. I use the Canon Pro Platinum (when I can find it, one seller told me it was no longer being sold in Australia?) its a paper I like for its strong blacks especially for monochrome work. For colour I mostly use Canson...its reasonably priced and handles subtle colour well. Have tried Ilford which I like but that is more expensive and is also becoming difficult to find (I think there are company changes that are effecting its distribution (in Australia at least).

I have downloaded profiles for Canson and Ilford but when don't full understand how to match the paper type from that offered (mostly Canon)?

I have found a fairly cheap price for original Canon ink but they are quite small ink cassettes and don't last long which I can live with as my printer is only used for camera club competition and not used for any volume printing. I will start reading earlier posts and see what I can learn...any comments or suggestions are very welcome. Regards all, Mike

Criky!

You didnt waste time. I'd recomend you to everyone but I think it would just go against you Mike.

However, as I said, this is THE place for assistance and help with things printing and Canon. To tag a person Add the @ sign and they will get a notification thus @michaelmaher.

You might want to get a simpler tag, make it easier for us all

So WELCOME ABOARD Michael notag Maher

Cheers

Andrew

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Michael. I hope you find the comments informative. I have learned much and new members keep adding to our knowledge all the time, including @3dogs.

Maybe share a photo or two for all to enjoy!

Michael Maher

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100
Hi Andrew and Stratman, thanks for the welcome. Christmas, New year and travel got in the way of an earlier reply...sorry about that. I understand the idea behind the tag thing but for the life of me I can't see how its implement...I'll keep looking. Mike

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Hi Andrew and Stratman, thanks for the welcome. Christmas, New year and travel got in the way of an earlier reply...sorry about that. I understand the idea behind the tag thing but for the life of me I can't see how its implement...I'll keep looking. Mike

Hi there @Micheal Maher, hope all went well, rather quieter than usual for us as our friend up the road closed his restaurant prior to Christmas so the usual New Years Eve BASH was missing.

To tag simply go @3dogs, if you get it right a confirming label comes up and I will see an alert when I log in.