Help with printing out of LR & PS

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100, Canon MX922
I see all these questions and solutions (suggestions) for the Pro 100 and other printers and I'm still at an almost total loss as to how to set up my LR CC, PS CC, and Bridge to print. Can anyone direct me to a eBook or even a paperback book that explains how to print in general and more specifically to my Pro 100?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I see all these questions and solutions (suggestions) for the Pro 100 and other printers and I'm still at an almost total loss as to how to set up my LR CC, PS CC, and Bridge to print. Can anyone direct me to a eBook or even a paperback book that explains how to print in general and more specifically to my Pro 100?

Are you using a MAC or PC?

I see many questions from MAC user's having trouble printing with the varying MAC operating systems.

If using a PC, instead of buying a book, I recommend:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/index.html

I have been using it from V1, and I know several users on this site speak well of it.
The interface is quirky, but not difficult to master. Plus free streaming video tutorials on the internet.
They do give limited time free trial.

RS

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Are you using a MAC or PC?

I see many questions from MAC user's having trouble printing with the varying MAC operating systems.

If using a PC, instead of buying a book, I recommend:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/index.html

I have been using it from V1, and I know several users on this site speak well of it.
The interface is quirky, but not difficult to master. Plus free streaming video tutorials on the internet.
They do give limited time free trial.

RS
Thanks, Roy, I am on a Mac Yosemite. Any thoughts?

j.saenz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
I too am on a Mac, I am using Canon's Print Studio Pro as a plug-in from LR5.

@Thombar did you download the drivers from the CD that was included with your printer? If not, then I suggest you download the drivers if not from the CD then from the Canon website. From PS you can then access the Canon Print Studio Pro. IN LR click Plug In Extras and scroll to Print Studio Pro, from PS click Automation Tolls and then scroll down to Print Studio Pro

Here is video created by one the forum members... he does a great job explaining how to use the plug in to print. Even though he is on a PC it is virtually identical for printing on a Mac.

https://youtu.be/fiYfoDpKk5Y

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Thanks, Roy, I am on a Mac Yosemite. Any thoughts?

Sorry, all my experiences is PC.

I know it works on the MAC - Just seems the MAC users have more issues with the driver. (Anecdotal - from reading posts on print forums)

RS

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I too am on a Mac, I am using Canon's Print Studio Pro as a plug-in from LR5.

@Thombar did you download the drivers from the CD that was included with your printer? If not, then I suggest you download the drivers if not from the CD then from the Canon website. From PS you can then access the Canon Print Studio Pro. IN LR click Plug In Extras and scroll to Print Studio Pro, from PS click Automation Tolls and then scroll down to Print Studio Pro

Here is video created by one the forum members... he does a great job explaining how to use the plug in to print. Even though he is on a PC it is virtually identical for printing on a Mac.

https://youtu.be/fiYfoDpKk5Y
Hi All, I think I wasn't clear enough in what I need. I have my Pro 100 and a Canon MX922 both hooked into my computer and my wi-fi. My delimmna is that Im not sure what settings I should be using in my post processing software. Do I tell the printers to let Adobe manage color, etc..

j.saenz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
@Thombar

Are you printing directly from your photo editing software?

As far as I know, you can do one of two things, let PS or LR do the color or you let the printer/driver control the color but not both. The video I linked to goes into detail about how to do either. I think the video will help with your dilemma

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
@Thombar suggest you start a new thread ......Help with printing out of LR & PS. @Emulator used a free Youtube series of Tutorials and I had a peek...they are excellent, easy to follow and yo can work at your own pace. Don't despair, it can take ages for the lights to come on.....but they WILL.....have faith and persist we will help you

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I agree with @3dogs. It is always a matter of personal preference, try all possibilities and settle on your own choice.

Have a look at this site if you are using LR:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLllFqBuTM0WI0fC_PujkGoLMyXWXd3yF7

The latest LR6 has some additional features and I think is particularly good at noise reduction and quality of the printed output directly from LR. LR image processing can also be rewarding.