Help me find a new printer :)

itmonitor

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON XP 7100
Hi! :)

I work home based in a demanding job, which means me and everything must work quick and efficiently. I had until recently the Brother MFC J5920DW printer and before it the MFC J5720DW. both were true workhorses and for A3 printers, they were compact. That printer ADF scan feeder can be closed and dirt will not enter into its scanning parts. This spares me time when cleaning the printer.

As my Brother MFC J5790DW went out of business three months ago I replaced it by a smaller model I had to purchase quickly to deliver an urgent job: the EPSON XP 7100.

While I like the EPSON printer and its printing speed is just ok, I must say its scan speed is slower than a turtle even for a one-sided scan (not duplex). It takes ages to open its tray before it is ready to print after I power it on. As a result my noradrenalin levels due to stress jump up and my physician recommended me to find out another printer to reduce the risk of a heart condition.

Hence my quest now to find another printer that could match the ancient Brother MFC J5790DW I had.

Duplex very fast printing
Duplex very fast scanning
No frills quick power turn on and turn off
Fax
WiFi
Cloud printing
Email to printing
A4 paper, if A3 too, it would be a plus
50-sheet ADF scan feeder
Compact and easy to clean
Economic colour print cartridges or, (I never used it before), high capacity ink tanks or the like
Good quality printing for business, I do not need photo printing, CD label printing and the like
Easily prints envelopes

Any advice is welcome :)

IM

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may have a look to the Epson ET-16650 type models - A3, ink tanks, fast duplex, these models come in various configurations

Last edited: