HELP- Canon ipf610 plotter not printing colors properly

LA4Lyfe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ipf610
Hello all,
We have an issue with our canon plotter. Color prints look terrible and drab. We got a new printhead less than a month ago under warranty but it doesn't seem to fixed the problem. I did a nozzle check and the area that is supposed to be yellow is not. Would it simply be a problem with the yellow cartridge? Or could it be the purge unit as our dealer seems to think (expensive maintenance visit to say the least)? Any advice is welcome
Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@LA4Lyfe, it would be most unusual for you to have a problem with your yellow cartridge, unless it’s out of ink altogether and it’s not registering properly due to a leak.

The probable cause would be the purge unit but that would also effect some of the other colours too except the MBK black, could you please post a nozzle check for us to see the extent of your problem.

To check the purge unit yourself try stopping the print head in the middle of the carriageway by pulling the power plug and then flooding the purge pads with some Windex (Window cleaner) and see if it drains away slowly or quickly...

LA4Lyfe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ipf610
image1.JPG

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@LA4Lyfe, That’s great but is there no yellow in your nozzle check, and there is just two of the pattern boxes looking like they need a bit more attention.

I did notice that there are some yellow splashes on the bottom left side of the sheet you posted, maybe your yellow cart is leaking..

LA4Lyfe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ipf610
Thanks so much for answering me back. I looked on canon's website and here is what I believe it is supposed to look like. So my box isn't yellow where is supposed to, right? I am a rookie so I don't know what to base it off of.
5777_image_1.jpg

LA4Lyfe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ipf610
I am a rookie here. Please just need some advice before we drop a bunch of money... Thanks!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All you can do is to first check that you do have yellow ink in the cartridge and when you’re sure then do one cleaning cycle and print the nozzle check again, its suppose to have all the colours on the print out, have you check to see if you have a leaking yellow cartridge yet.?

If you are still not getting any yellow to print I wound contact Canon and demand a new printer under warrantee...

Latest posts