Hello

Dan1982

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9700
Hi

New to the forum, pretty new to printing. Hoping to learn & help out where I can.

Have been in graphic design for 15 years, so plenty of mac knowledge.

Thanks

Dan

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Welcome Dan, it’s not knowledge we lack here but how to use it properly. :weee

O’ I didn’t know that Mac made an inkjet printer..:gig

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
It is pretty amazing how dominant Mac's are in the graphic arts! I wonder how much of that is a function of hardware or software?

@Dan1982, what type of graphic design do you do? Unfortunately design is a part of my brain that doesn't really work very well. :(

Support

Print Addict
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to PK!

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
It is pretty amazing how dominant Mac's are in the graphic arts! I wonder how much of that is a function of hardware or software?

@Dan1982, what type of graphic design do you do? Unfortunately design is a part of my brain that doesn't really work very well. :(

I strongly suspect the preponderance of Macs in the Graphics, Design, and Education fields is because Apple aggressively targets these areas in their marketing and promotions. Most full time students in these and closely related fields qualify for generous discounts from Apple.

Further, the Mac seems to be optimized for graphic arts work. An area that Microsoft did not take seriously until recently. It still seems determined to never miss an opportunity to "drop the ball" on things like colour rendition, colour management, and related matters.

That said I am a cheap-skate and so use the PC and wrestle with Windows. I really wish we had something like the coloursync utility (I think that is what it is called) as part of the windows operating system.

Just my usual 2 cents, or maybe no sense.

RS

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Mac has always dominated the Print and publishing industry right from the very start and also had the best application on board to do the job properly, it was said at the time that Mac’s were for serious professional work and Windows for play acting around with.

The Mac has definitely lost ground in the print industry and the only reason they are now making a big come back is because of the iPhone’s popularity and no other reason, it’s hipp to have a Mac laptop even if the owners don’t quite understand them.

A lot of the newer Mac followers are over thinking their computer and treating them like it’s a PC, but it’s not and that’s why so many guys have trouble trying to print-out something from their Mac’s they keep thinking it’s a PC.

Mac followers have always been there and are very loyal to their brand because it’s the best computer around hands down; it just plain and simply works every time.. :cool:

Latest posts