Hello world .. help!

chrisj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Hi everyone and anyone. New to forums but im at so need of some help.

Im a graphic designer and I just purchased an epson artisan 1430. im using creative cloud, photoshop and indesign to print. Is there anyway this printer can print none composite gray scale? 100k looks great but when i print 50%K it comes out green?

Im so lost. I dont know where to start looking or what to ask. Please someone point me in the right direction.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Chris and welcome, you have come to the right place. :thumbsup

I don’t do Epson’s but I am sure the Epson gurus will step in and help you a lot better than I can, especially @jtoolman for one, but it sounds like you may have a blocked nozzle (Head clog), did you run a nozzle check before you started ?

chrisj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
hey The Hat
I'll read through jtoolman's posts before I reach out.
I've ran several nozzle checks and cleanings and I have (2) tiny lines missing for black ink – top left. Could that be giving be a greenish tint when i print 50%K?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
As I have said, I’m not great with the ins and outs of an Epson but if you’re going to do any serious work on any printer you must first have a good clear nozzle print otherwise your end results will not be very satisfactory.

Everybody else must be asleep.. :hu

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Im not familir with the 1430 or the way it builds colour, 3880 can have the same nozzle check and still do balanced graysale test. Jtoolman is the master, I would be checking if I was gettig good supply of ink full stop.

Andrew

Latest posts