Hello there!

NarayamaBushiko

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
I came here quite often since this forum provides great and valuable information on Canon printers. Since I got a Pro-1, and now have a B500 error, I'm back, registering, and trying to figure out what's the big deal since I did everything by the book and only printed a full set of ink cartridges...

Cheers!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @NarayamaBushiko and welcome, now it would seem you have a bit of ink leak in your system somewhere.

Check you’re on screen ink monitor and this might tell you quickly which colour is the cause of your problem, if it’s more than one colour then check the tubing connections.

It may only be a matter of cleaning the ink tank area and replacing the effected cartridge if you’re lucky, and if not it could be the print head area that has the leak, and you may have to replace the print head if there is no leak in the tubing..

NarayamaBushiko

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Thank you for your quick reply. Actually, the printer is still under warranty, so I'll wait for the guy in charge to take care of the problem, but from what I've seen by opening by hand the ink compartment is that the ink cartridge has leaked a bit. I cleaned it from the cartridge, put it back in but the problem remains. I don't want to go any further since I might hit/damage somethng that the tech might come across and tell me that I just ruined the warranty ;-)

I'll let you know how things go...

NarayamaBushiko

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Canon did take back the printer and gave me a similar one in exchange. The whole process took under a week. Well done, Canon!