Hello, just joined today.

cacran

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson C44ux
Hello, I joined today to, hopefully, get some advice about printers. Hope you can help in someway.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Sure we can help. It never hurts to help !

cacran

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson C44ux
Thanks. Well I have an old printer Epson C44UX. I rarely need to use it, but when I do, there always seems to be a problem. I think it is possibly to do with the ink drying up, from lack of use. I looked on You tube, for any answer.
At present I have removed the top cover and taken out the pads, from the bottom of the unit, washed the ink out of them, and are waiting for it to dry. Is there anything more I can do, while I have it appart. Maybe something to the ink nozzle, to clear it. I have tried doing a nozzle clean with the machine's maintainance thingy, to no avail.
I have quite a stock of ink cartridges for the printer, so don't really want to change.
I wonder if there are any printing places that print things out from dongle or CD rom. Do you know?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
You get a bottle of ammonia from local pharmacy then add few 5ml of isopropyl alcohol to the small bottle of about 125ml of ammonia. This will make you DIY very good cleaning liquid for print head.

Soak the head for a few hours (remove it from printer). Dry everything for a day, then reassemble.

cacran

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson C44ux
Thank you for the advice. Will have a go at that.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry for the intrusion here but, since when can you remove an Epson print head ? Your best bet is to park the heads over some paper towels and use cleaning cartridges in a vein hope that it will clear the blockage for you.

The use of 125 ml of pure Ammonia is way over the top also, a better mix would be 10 ml of ammonia and 10 ml of alcohol and 80 ml of water in cleaning cartridges would work much better, failing that use pure Windex as a good alternative..

cacran

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson C44ux
Oh thank you for that. I have been trying to find a way to remove print head, without success. Does the alcohol have to be Isopropyl? Is Windex a brand? what is a cleaning cartridge?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Oh thank you for that. I have been trying to find a way to remove print head, without success. Does the alcohol have to be Isopropyl? Is Windex a brand? what is a cleaning cartridge?
You should have collected a few empty cartridges by now, and you can clean them out and use the empty cartridges to hold the cleaning solution in them, and they don’t have to be spotless either.

Isopropyl alcohol is best to use, after all you wouldn’t want to waste good booze in your cartridges, well I wouldn’t and Windex is just a normal everyday window cleaner brand that can be got in your local supermarket..

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sorry for the intrusion here but, since when can you remove an Epson print head ? Your best bet is to park the heads over some paper towels and use cleaning cartridges in a vein hope that it will clear the blockage for you.

Anyone attempting to remove EPSON print head first gets a service manual
http://elektrotanya.com/epson_stylus_c41_c42_c43_c44_series_sm.pdf/download.html

Usually 1 bolt holds the head, and most difficult is to remove the cable to the head, because it's cover is different for every printer.

Latest posts