Hello, Introduction and advice hopefully

launton

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1500w
Hello everyone. :)

My name's John and I'm looking for a little bit of advice from the experts if you'd be so kind. I know this is my introduction post too so I hope that asking for help in my thread is acceptable and doesn't break any forum rules.

I'm an avid collector of retro/vintage fruit/slot machines from the 80's and below and have recently been designing and printing my own replacement reel bands and decals for them. About a year ago I bought an epson 1500w but from it's first day it's suffered paper feed problems due to a rubbish design (seems a common complaint even with epson papers) and it's got to the point where it's damaging my media far too often - some of which is £100 per 35 mtr roll. So I'm in need of an alternative printer. I'm also needing a midrange or home small office one as they hit ridiculous prices when I look at large format ones. Ideally I'd need one that has known good paper feeds with nonstandard papers and to be able to print at any length, but at least 110cm through custom page settings. I just need one that can print long sheets at A3 really. Canon are out as their page size restriction is too small. Been there and made that mistake

Does one exist please? Searching online doesn't always show the available print page settings or page limitations and I've been at it for days. I do hope you can advise me as the 1500w is dying through what looks like head damage from chewing my papers :(

Thanks for listening and kind regards

John

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Hi John,

Allow me the honour of being the first to say welcome, although I do not have the expertise to advise on your problem.

As you probably know, this is a multinational board, and I am sure that some EU members will soon advise you on suitable printers available in your part of the world.

This board has been a tremendous source of help and advice to me leading to savings of hundreds of dollars per year in my case.

Also they seem to be able to avoid the rancor and antagonisms common to so many special interest group forums.

Good luck.

Roy Sletcher

launton

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1500w
Thank you for the warm welcome Roy. I'll go and have a good search and read, as there's a lot of content to enjoy.

Regards

John