Hello from Sweden

lbschenkel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6150
Hi, my name is Leonardo and I'm writing from Malmö, Sweden. Photography is one of my hobbies but unfortunately I don't print much myself, due to the outrageous prices of Canon ink. Now that I found this forum I'm discovering the world of third-party inks and refilling, so that may change...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @ibschenkel, and welcome, once you get use to us all here, its guaranteed you’ll try out some 3rd party inks, but you must remember to print at least a nozzle check once a week, otherwise it’s not worth having an inkjet printer...;)

lbschenkel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6150
Yep, I realized soon after I bought it (2-3 years ago) that it was a mistake for me to have bought an inkjet. I ended up printing waaay less than I thought I was, partly due to costs, so I should have bought a mono laser instead and just ordered photo prints online. But that is water under the bridge now and I think that I'm going to enter the world of third-party supplies and experiment more since it won't feel like I'm burning (as much) money. I have been reading compulsively this forum for 2-3 days and soon I'm going to open a new thread asking for concrete advice.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
soon I'm going to open a new thread asking for concrete advice.
Concrete = 1 part cement, 2 parts sand and 3 parts gravel by volume is a good starting point. Mix the dry ingredients first and then slowly add water.

:D Just kidding. Welcome to the forum.