Hello From Georgia

zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 100 pixma, pm610
Greetings from the suburbs of Atlanta.

I was surfing the net looking for information on Precision Ink and darned if I didn't learn some valuable information that confirmed what I had read about Precision ink so I am ordering a refill kit and chip re-setter.

I kind of got drawn in quickly and good thing as what I read kept me from making a bad decision on buying a ciss for a pixma pro 100.

A photographer I met told me about the pro 100 and how he was installing a bulk ink system. I just ordered my pro 100 and a bit of ultra 4.0 from red river while I waited for delivery. A couple minutes of reading here kept me saved me from some real problems.

I inherited a box of our family negatives going back to 1915 . Some are just awesome showing my grandfather working horse drawn farm equipment and old steam tractors etc.

I'm having serious fun with this!!! I'm using an epson v550 and the scan beam is pretty narrow so the actual 4 x5 negatives will be a bit harder to work with and then others are in such odd sizes. Life would be easier if they were all standard medium format.

I also take a few photos with digital and film.

This is a great site and I really like looking through the older discussions. They're a great source of information

Bill in GA

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Bill and welcome, I’m glad you didn’t get a CISS, and we hope you enjoy the place as much as we do.. :D

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I just ordered my pro 100 and a bit of ultra 4.0 from red river while I waited for delivery.

Excellent paper - My goto paper from RR. Really works well on the pro100 with precision colour inks.

rs

zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 100 pixma, pm610
Thanks for the kind welcomes. The depth of talent here is really great. I see names I recognize from my searches on the net looking for help with scanning and printing.

Merry Christmas to all

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
And a Happy Christmas to you also Bill, but stay off the hooch till you get a good shot of that negative.. :D