Hello from Eindhoven, Netherlands

How many inks could your first ink jet printer print simultaneously?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jorik

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX925 & Canon MG5450
Hi there,

I've been browsing the forums recently because of some printing issues I've been facing and while I think I figured out that some of the things I've tried probably made things worse... I'm looking for some advice based on my actions and the results from my printers. I will create a separate thread about that in the Canon forum, though!

I currently have a Canon MG5450 (I've had it since July 2013) and I don't print too often, but instead of purchasing just a new printer, I'd really like to learn about the different parts in printers that can break down, how to avoid it and how to diagnose what part could be responsible for a certain type of failure.

Before my MG5450 I've had a Canon iP4300 and when I grew up with my parents our first (dot matrix) printer was an Epson FX-800 (with sprockets for continuous paper feed) and after that our first inkjet was an Epson Stylus Color IIs, which was later replaced by a Stylus Color 900.

Fun fact regarding the IIs, friends of mine had the Stylus Color II, and I was quite impressed with the print quality. When we found a second hand IIs for sale for a good price, we didn't know there was quite a big difference between the II and the IIs. (This must have been 1996 or so, so no internet for background info) The II could printer CMYK with 2 print heads simultaneously in the printer, whereas with the IIs you had to choose to use either the K print head for just black/white or the CMY print head for color, but then the blacks would be mixed CMY which obviously didn't look as nice as the printouts from my friends Color Stylus II.

Cheers!
Jorik from Eindhoven, Netherlands

P.S. Based on my little II vs IIs story, I've added a poll :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Jorik. Great first post! Look forward to reading more in the future. :woot

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Jorik,

Here someone from Belgium, also "Nederlandstalig". Welcome to this fantastic forum :).