Have you ever tried to report a landline fault in the UK?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
My TALKTALK landline phone went dead last night, no dialling tone today, however the internet connection on the same line is working, thank heaven.

I have tried to report the fault on line, but TALKTALK send you round and round in a circle and you get nowhere, they do an automatic line check and tell you the line is OK, which is rubbish.

The authorities really ought to sort out these companies, which by all accounts are all as bad as each other.:he :somad :barnie

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
@Emulator

I offer a two tier service here, one more expensive than the other, both disproportionate to the service rendered.

Level A....... Symapathy, this involves me writing words that simulate understanding and a shared experience.

In this case we have only one option and the word is Telstra (oh poo! ) there I said it for free
this word costs several hundred dollars a month and delivers very little other than the name.

Level B.......This is the budget option, and involves the word ridicule (oh poo!) there I said the word for free!
Well anyway this option involves tangling you in a WEB, of dead end phone calls, idiots, deception and unending frustration. Good news is you eventually get so tired of this option that you go back to Level A.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Ian

I find that rather funny because up to last year TalkTalk had their call centre here in Ireland and they decided they didn’t need it anymore so closed it in favour of an on-line computer fault finding and fixing system. :duc

Obviously it doesn’t work then, O’ well think of the money their saying by leaving their valued customers without a phone line.:rant

My sympathy’s Sir..:(

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I have now found I am not the only house in the road with a dead phone. BT tells a neighbour that his dead phone tests OK!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have now found I am not the only house in the road with a dead phone. BT tells a neighbour that his dead phone tests OK!
Never mind, look on the bright side, you have now met your neighbour for the second time this year, it’s good to talk.. :gig

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I eventually found a way of sending TalkTalk an email but they have replied, sending me back to the auto test routine which tells me there is nothing wrong with the line. Or to ring them to discuss the problem, with a phone that is not working!!

How to run the service dept. at no cost! It's better than the printer manufactures. Any suggestions?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I eventually found a way of sending TalkTalk an email but they have replied, sending me back to the auto test routine which tells me there is nothing wrong with the line. Or to ring them to discuss the problem, with a phone that is not working!!

How to run the service dept. at no cost! It's better than the printer manufactures. Any suggestions?
I hate to say it… But that sounds very Irish to me.. :caf

untitled.png

I’ll have to get out more, sorry Ian.. :confused:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I have reviewed internet comments on the subject and the number of disgruntled users on all the various service suppliers is very large, the sector clearly is in trouble and needs a major intervention.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I hate to say it… But that sounds very Irish to me.. :caf

View attachment 1588

I’ll have to get out more, sorry Ian.. :confused:
I've heard of biting the hand that feeds you but never biting the tail that poops for you. :confused:

Must be an Irish thing. :idunno

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Don't UK residents have a formal government body to lodge complaints with for regulated utilities. We do here in the States (all land-lines are regulated).