Greetings All

Jeffro Jones

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mp980
A warm greeting to the board.
I've been a "lurker" for ages, generally being able to find an answer by searching the forums.
So a thank you to many posters for sharing their knowledge.
I've joined finally because I have a specific problem, but I'll post that shortly, I imagine.
I'm no expert, but like many, I'd be lost without my printer.
Its always been a Canon inkjet, cheap and (generally) reliable, simply because that was the first brand I got, and I tend to stick with what I know.
I'm a music lover, and digitizing my old vinyl is an ongoing project, so I need a printer that will print my CD labels.
I'm a lover of software too, and invariably print the manuals (I've become a pretty good "cottage style" bookbinder :) if I say so myself!!!) So much more preferable than staring at a screen for hours.
Anyways, enough about me, and as I said, many thanks for so much past shared knowledge :thumbsup

Jeffro

:::

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Welcome @jeffo jones, lets hope you get the answers your looking for and many more too, and maybe contribute your newly acquired skills to those whom are interested... ;)

Jeffro Jones

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mp980
Welcome @jeffo jones, lets hope you get the answers your looking for and many more too, and maybe contribute your newly acquired skills to those whom are interested... ;)

Thank you. I find that a decently bound manual or booklet is so much more attractive and long-lasting.
I did a fair bit of research into "home bookbinding", and the technique I've evolved is IMHO simple and effective. Happy to share with any interested parties. Here for example, is a manual printed on A5 stock. The cover is printed on light card, and has a clear plastic coating. The result is really durable, its sturdy, the pages don't come out, its been leafed through hundreds of times and still looks good, and it looks similar to a "real" book, if you don't look too close :)

nw0qol.jpg

:::