Graphics Printers

Forsakyn

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm looking for a graphics printer that ideally can do double-sided printing. I haven't done a lot of research on this, so I figured I'd do a search for printer forums, and this came up and looks like a good forum.

Ideally I'd like to pay no more than $500 (since it's coming out of my own pocket), but I do need to get a high-quality graphics-oriented printer. So if there's something that costs more than that but performs considerably better, I'm fine with having it suggested. I primarily put together a number of brochure-like materials (text, graphics, photos).

The only printer that I've looked at thus far (online) is the HP 9760, which I believe has been out a couple years. But again, I'd like to hear more feedback from anyone who has knowledge of well-regarded graphics printers. Thanks for your time.

- Kevin

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You might want to check out the Canon ip4000 or the ip5000 printes, they both get good reviews. Google for the reviews.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Forsakyn, welcome to the forum. Any more specific requirements? Do you need water resistant prints? What size max paper? Etc.

Forsakyn

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi gents. Thanks for the prompt responses. As for more information, I'd like a minimum of 13" wide. I don't necessarily need water-resistant, but naturally it's something that would be preferable if it doesn't add a huge amount of cost. And while I stated ~$500, again, I'll go higher if that's what it takes.

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The Pixma printers by Canon does duplex (double sided) printing, but I dunno if some of their Pixma printers print in papers larger than A4. Check their website.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The 13" wide printers are the more expensive inkjet printers. They are mostly top of the line printers. The Canon i9900 is the only 13" inkjet printer. It retails for $499.99, I've seen it on the web for about $429.00. The i9900 is going to be replaced by the i9910 shortly, it has been released in Japan, usually US release is about 2 to 3 months later (Price will probably be $499.99). Since the i9900 is going to be replaced the price should come down shortly, for the current stocks.

The other printers to look at are the Epson 2200($699.00) or the Epson R1800($549.00). Don't know much about the Epsons, however they do use pigmented ink which is more water proof than the Canon which uses dybase inks.

Reviews are plentiful for all these printers just Google for their reviews.

Here is a link to the Canon i9910: http://www.japancorp.net/Article.Asp?Art_ID=9425

Forsakyn

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Forsakyn, glad to help. Please keep us posted on your decision and usage.