Good Guides

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Yes, but where does that get us misers who won’t spend Christmas let alone buy the Simplify3D App. to begin with, beside how easy is Simplify 3D to use because Fusion360 can be like a mine field getting to grips with what it has to offer.

SCAD and Fusion360 have me by the short and curly and trying to learn yet another App. would do my head in, besides I’m not the brightest star in the sky.

I am enjoying my 3D printing now and want to spend as little time as I can figuring out how to make more new objects, that’s where SCAD comes in, its make for idiots like me... :eek:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
My post was not to promote the use of S3D but to draw attention to the useful info about different filament types etc ;)

Having said that S3D is no more difficult to use than Cura and like any other software people find one they like using and stick wih it, for me it is more intuitive. I agree that it is not cheap but for me it cured the problem where Cura could not slice the model parts I was printing. It would not print the internal structure despite using several work-arounds. I'd probably still be using Cura if I had not had the problem, however as the 3D printing hobby has become an addiction I think it was a good investment for the future :D

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8