Glad I found this forum!

morgainebrigid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in and say that this looks like a really great forum and just what I need (I run a bootstrap publishing company using old i-series Canons).
Thanks!
-Morgaine
http://www.brigidshearth.us

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
morgainebrigid, welcome to the forum!

It's a bit funny to hear someone refer to the "old i-series Canons". Personally I think they are still wonderful printers. With all the fuss about Canon's new printers that have chipped cartridges I can't help but think that I'm more than happy with my "old i-series" printers.

Anyway, I look forward to your posts. We've got a really great group of individuals here and can all learn from each other's experiences.

morgainebrigid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
'Old' is a relative term, but it seems to be applied to anything you didn't buy yesterday.
I recently bought two, even older, HP wide-format printers that I haven't used yet because I'm waiting to get the cables. I'm really excited about my 'new' (to me) toys and can't wait to play with them. I gather from what I've read online that their performance with XP is less than desireable (as is everything with XP - sigh). Hoping to build my own computer soon that will have a less problematic OS.
Thanks for the welcome. Will be posting more - lots.
-Morgaine

newfiewanabe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
'Old' is a relative term, but it seems to be applied to anything you didn't buy yesterday.
I recently bought two, even older, HP wide-format printers that I haven't used yet because I'm waiting to get the cables. I'm really excited about my 'new' (to me) toys and can't wait to play with them. I gather from what I've read online that their performance with XP is less than desireable (as is everything with XP - sigh). Hoping to build my own computer soon that will have a less problematic OS.
Thanks for the welcome. Will be posting more - lots.
-Morgaine
Hi Morgaine,
The only problem in XP I have had is with HP printers. Three Photo Smart 1000 and one Photo Smart 1215. They seem to want to take over from time to time. I've had no problems with other brands in XP. The solution each time has been to uninstall the printer and reinstall and they work correctly for a time.
Jim