Give me an opinion on this nozzle check

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Pro100 nozzle check.jpg

Just printed this nozzle check and get wierdness in cyan.

Was OK couple of days ago and looks more serious than a couple of blocked nozzles.

Cartridge feed OK - squeeze sides and ink is ejected through nozzle.

Is it worth trying to clean the head with windex? -Have done one regular clean and one deep clean cycle without significant change.

Any opinions? I don't want to waste days trying to clean a lost cause.

RS

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2498

Was OK couple of days ago and looks more serious than a couple of blocked nozzles.

Is it worth trying to clean the head with windex? -Have done one regular clean and one deep clean cycle without significant change.

RS
At the price of new printheads it is always worth a try. Windex is cheap!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I would double check your cartridge again or use another known good one because a nozzle print doesn’t stress the nozzles in any way and if it can’t print a successful nozzle check then it may not be down to a simple clog especially in a straight line.

Give the head a good bath in warm Windex for an hour or so and see if that gives you a better or different result in the nozzle print, if it doesn’t improve then it’s curtains, sorry.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for information guys. Will start with the Windex bath and proceed from there.

I just did a preliminary search for new Pro 100 print heads and got very few North American hits. Most were from China. Some of the product descriptions and wording left me rather nervous.

Does anybody have a reliable Pro100 printhead vendor. Preferably in North America, or if offshore, with an established record of fair deals.

Thanks

Roy Sletcher

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2498

RS

Roy there are "vertical striations" in the Magenta , Black and Cyan nozzle check pattern. I cannot recall, are these on the same purge grouping? The vertical striations are odd and appear to be "even".

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes. Canon Sales. 1-800-652-2666

Thanks Stratmen.

I have used that number in the past. Unfortunately as soon as I give my credit card number, and it is recognised as a Canadian Domiciled card, they say "Hold the line <CLICK> <CLICK>, Hello Canon Canada" and then not surprisingly the price doubles. I think our UK cousins across the pond know the feeling.:(

However I will try it again. I have a US accommodation address in upstate NY, and see if I can talk my way into getting a US purchase. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

RS

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Roy there are "vertical striations" in the Magenta , Black and Cyan nozzle check pattern. I cannot recall, are these on the same purge grouping? The vertical striations are odd and appear to be "even".

Hi Mike,

I cannot see the vertical striations you mention, and I am looking at it under a loupe. Not to say they don't exist. Could be my rheumy eyes.
The only defect I can see is the cyan missing portions at top and bottom of the nozzle check block.

For the record the colour grouping is:

GROUP 1 PC, M, Y, PM
GROUP 2 C,BL, LG, G

At the moment my printhead is undergoing the windex therapy. Will let is soak until morning and then dry it off for a try at a clean nozzle check in the afternoon.

Whatever happens will purchase another head. Need to have a spare.

By the way gave tried changing to NEW OEM CYAN - No change.

I am assuming that as only the cyan is appearing defective, the chances of a catastrophic circuit board error is minimal. Worst nightmare would be to buy a new head and have the motherboard fry that one too.

RS

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks Stratmen.
RS

Do you mean to say there is more than one of them? :eek::)

I can see the vertical striations on M, C & BK but not on the others, so I don't think it can be a display "effect", you could try another nozzle check. The missing top to the C does look as though there is partial blockage and a prolonged soak might clear it. But be cautious of printing anything other than a nozzle check, as it has the classic signs preceding a print head failure of C.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have used that number in the past. Unfortunately as soon as I give my credit card number, and it is recognised as a Canadian Domiciled card, they say "Hold the line <CLICK> <CLICK>, Hello Canon Canada" and then not surprisingly the price doubles. I think our UK cousins across the pond know the feeling.:(
When trying to purchase the new head from Canon (US) can you not make the purchase by way of PayPal, just a taught ?

I had much the same problem while trying to purchase print heads from Tasktron in the UK, that don’t/ won’t supply any products to Ireland, as to why ? Who knows ?

I now use a proxy address in Belfast courtesy of a courier company that enables me to circumvent that Regional problem at a miniscule cost of €3.95.

Needs must..:)

Latest posts