gerryferret - Introduction

gerryferret

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4920, Canon iP7220
Quick blurb about me: I do a lot of event videography for churches, schools, community groups (on a non-profit basis). Consequently I am always on the lookout for printers that allow me to print my own DVD covers. Presently I am using Canon iP4920 and Canon iP7220. A problem has surfaced with the 4920 - I receive an error message which states that either the printhead is not installed or it is incompatible with the printer. This message appears after I have been printing several labels on CDs, so clearly the message is faulty. The orange light blinks 5 times, pauses, and continues like this. The green light is steady. I would appreciate any help asap. In the meantime I am using the 7220 - it is always very useful to have a backup! Best wishes to all PK forum members.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
We all welcome you here @gerryferret, it’s great to have you but, I am afraid that were the nicety’s end.:(

Your 4920 is going to need a new print head and there’s no way out of that (5 Orange) is Canons death code for print heads, so don't waste your time trying to get it to print anymore, sorry.. :eek:

gerryferret

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4920, Canon iP7220
Thank you for your response. It is good to know the worst so that you don't keep looking for the best. Now, it's down to the shop...probably have to get it online anyhow! Take care and keep well.