G'Day

Grantley

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Design Jet Z3200. WF 7110.
I have been a long time viewer of Jose videos via QImage and have found the info very helpful. My printing history is all self taught. My first "serious" photo printer was an Epson Artisan 1430 many years ago, and migrated to HP Design Jet Z3200's (24 & 44 inch). I am an enthusiast, some would say pro (but I don't classify myself as that), photographer who produces all his own work, as well as for others.
I have been doing this 10 years. I don't have any major issues with the HP's they do a great job fit my needs very well. I print on a variety of papers and canvases, predominately Ilford and a bit of Breathing Color.
What I am looking at now is moving into sublimating onto Chromaluxe. To experiment with this I bought a refurbished Epson WF 7110 with a dye sub CISS ink system but am not getting a good result out this printer at all. Images are flat, no pop, blacks are mushy browns and its got me stuffed frankly.
So....here I am....seeking help with 1. can I actually get a decent print out of the WF 7110 with these inks. 2. IF NOT … where to next ? Sawgrass ?
Merry Christmas.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Grantley.

Check your other thread for my post on your issue.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ink Stained Fingers had a good post on your other thread. Our Moderator The Hat may provide some valuable insight as well, and, move the posts here to your other thread while leaving your initial welcoming post here.

For my part, I have not used dye sublimation inks and so my knowledge is quite minimal compared to Ink Stained Fingers and some others. Listen to them. :thumbsup

Latest posts