G&g Cart Refilling-- Really Difficult

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've also noted that G&G carts are EXTREMELY difficult to refill because the refill plug has this nasty little black plastic plug in it- 50% of the time when I attempt to punch out the refill hole, and plug up (using Computer Friends blue plugs) the seal is not complete and the cart leaks.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING TO REFILL G&G carts. Use anything but. Canon carts refill easily, as do the old Rainbow Brand Carts.

I just got a really bad batch of CYAN BCI-6 carts manufactured by G&G (through inkgrabber)

I've used Inkgrabber's stuff for years- absolutely no problem- till today.

I ordered 6 CYAN BCI-6 carts for my 4 Canon i960 printers-

I immediately noticed OVERSATURATION of CYAN--

Then I noticed the ink was runny, and bleeding on the nozzle side of the head.

I've reported this to Inkgrabber who hopefully will notify G&G.

You can use this stuff, but you have to reduce the CYAN amount by -8 in your Canon printer and check the nozzles on the head, and invariably wipe off if the printer sits for any length of time.

Recommended that you avoid this G&G color till the problem and batch is fixed.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
Neil,

The refill problem with the rubber plugs can be easily overcome by using a nylon or stainless steel screw to seal the opening. I prefer 10-32 nylon (because I have a large supply) screws and Fotofreek prefers self tapping stainless steel, but either one works fine. For those who don't want to convert their existing cartridges an alternative is to use empty refillable tanks from www.hobbicolors.com. They aren't the only supplier, but the ink they sell is excellent, the refillable tanks w/screws are included with refill kits and the prices are very low. I urge you to check them out and post some of your impressions back here and on your web site.

Ron