fuser paper jam

lightfj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
konica 1960mf
my konica 1960mf laser jams after half a page in colour.
Please note this photocopying so no Computer is being used so it's not windows spooling.
It copies the same job in mono perfectly every time.
If anyone can help I'll be very grateful
thankd
Jeff

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Jeff and welcome, does the page always jam in the same fuser colour each time or any colour. ?
Have you tried manually feeding the sheet through the paper path...

lightfj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
konica 1960mf
Thanks for the reply.
I am using an insure &go brochure as a test .. it shows pink flamingos with a band bearing the name at the bottom of the page. copying always stops at the feet of the flamingos, which are perfectly reproduced. all the colours are spot on thus far.
This says to me that all colour transfers have been completed and the problem seems to be media transport.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@lightfj, The reason I asked was because the media is obviously hitting an obstruction somewhere along the paper path, by hand feeding you might locate it easier, but not underpower and not while printing...

lightfj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
konica 1960mf
again thanks for the reply .. I dont quite get what you mean by hand feeding not under power while not printing.
what I dont understand is why when monochrome is selected the copying is perfect.
This suggests that the transport path is fine.
Every time colour is selected at half page it stops with a "fuser jam" display.
Could it possibly be a catridge chip problem on one particular colour? I will substitue a cartridge one at a time and try again.
As I understand things the image transfer in YMC and black is completed before the paper passes into the fuser unit for final burning into a fixed image.
This is the first time I have had to delve into a laser printer.
kindest regards
jeff

lightfj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
konica 1960mf
This fault persists, I have changed the transfer unit and the fuser unit and all the artridgesand it still fails.
However a mono copy works every time. Are ther any sensors which could cause this?
Paper path MUST be clear if a mono copy goes through. What on earth could cause this, please elp if you can I'm losing what little hair I have left and that's no fun this weather!!!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@lightfj, If your machine continues to print mono and not colour, then that’s where you should look next because the paper path should be exactly the same for both paper print types.

Think back a while, was there any little problems related to any of the individual colours not printing properly before this issue arose, its quite possible that one of these colour cartridges are not functioning properly, and is reporting an enormous error, question; - are they all OEM carts or compatibles...

lightfj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
konica 1960mf
No problems as I remember. All cartridges are OEM and both fuser unit and transfer unit have been changed for brand new oem units in turn. That's why my thoughts go to a sensor that only functione when colour is selected.
Sadly I don't know enough to be able to find one.
Could it be that it needs a firmware update or flash.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The only other suggestion I can think of it, is to power off the printer and go through the process of replacing all the carts and belt, like they were spent, then power on the printer again, this should clean any error messages that were contained in the EPPROM.

Then when you run through the reinstall procedure again, it may work as normal and the error message won’t appear, firmware issues should only be addressed if your printer requires it, never offer an unnecessary upgrade...