French expatriate in US!

MarienPhotography

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Looking for it :)
Hobby photographer looking for affordable US printer like Pixma Pro100

Here to solve some remaining questions before jumping into this exciting experience of printing :)

MarienPhotography

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes I actually saw it and it works... but I'm wondering if it's really a worth the price difference. I will dig deeper ;)
My concern now is to calibrate my screen and printer that may cost more than the printer itself... if I'm not wrong (I'm wrong I hope ;) )

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you’re going to print only on glossy paper and use OEM inks then the Pro 100 will work best, but if you wish to use 3rd party inks and use Matte or Satin papers then the Pro 10 would be king, it will print on glossy paper but some say not as good.

Calibrating your monitor, yourself costs nothing if you have the capability, (Experience) otherwise a unit to help with the job can work out expensive, and there’s no need to calibrate your printer it comes factory calibrated.

US Printer prices are only pennies compared to French prices..

MarienPhotography

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
OK so you mean that it will be easier and cheaper to refill with Pro10 correct?

I have one doubt, I was quite sure that you needed to calibrate also your printer...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Marien.

If you use Precision Colors refill inks for either the Pro-100 or Pro-10 then you will not need to profile your printer/ink/paper combination as long as you use his custom printer ICC's and the paper they were profiled with.