Freeware that can print with color management?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any freeware that can manage color for printing?

Thanks

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
mikling said:
Does anyone know of any freeware that can manage color for printing?
Unfortunately, I don't know of any. However, you CAN usually specify a custom profile in the printer's driver for non-color managed printing programs. It's not as neat and clean and may not allow all of the options (rendering intent, BPC, etc.), but it works after a fashion and is better than nothing (see "Printing with Microsoft's Photo Wizard:" in this post.

dugkeithdale

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
You can use the Linux programme GIMP, it will run under Windows. You will have to dig around but there is a colour management plug in. This is freeware and the latest version is very useable compared to earlier versions.

aarenlainey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I would also like to go with gimp.It offers photo retouching, image composition, and image authoring and is favorably compared by users to Adobes Photoshop and Illustrator applications.It is freely available open source application that runs on Linux.

burnurd54

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i think you should go through the links those has been shared. you might get the answer that you are looking for.

andrewhrid16

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Actually I've no idea about any freeware which can manage color for painting. So I'm trying to search by giving of all links which was given by your all. Also I'm taking help of google.