Forum Feature Spotlight: Drag & Drop Uploading

Support

Print Addict
Staff member
Reaction score
With the summer season just around the corner, we are sure that everyone's excited to just lie around and bask under the glorious heat of the sun.

To add more to your excitement (hopefully), we are going to highlight another feature of our new and improved PK platform.

Ladies and gents, we would like to re-introduce you to the "Drag & Drop Uploading" feature.

What is the Drag & Drop Uploading feature?

The Drag & Drop Uploading feature lets you upload a picture or image in the PK system by simply dragging and dropping the image from your computer's Documents folder to the PK message window. It saves you the time and effort to click the "Upload File" and browse/search for the file manually. However, your browser must be able to support this feature in order for you to use this.

So, here is how you can do it:

1.) Choose the image in your file that you want to upload
1-png.2449

2.) Drag the image to your browser and drop it in the editor window.
2-png.2450

3.) Make sure the filename of the image is less than 100 characters or this error will appear.

3-png.2451

4.) After a few seconds, the image that you had just uploaded will now appear as an attached file.
4-png.2452

5.) Click "Full Image" to make your image appear in the editor window.

2014-06-05-10_29_11-create-thread-_-backyardherds-com-png.2827

It's that simple guys.

P.S. Here's a tutorial on how to use the "Upload a File". You will surely enjoy the embedded instructional video here: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/how-to-upload-pictures-images-to-printerknowledge.8227/

So, is the Drag & Drop Feature working for you? Try it out by replying to this thread with a picture of your printer!

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
thumbs-up-borat.jpg

Borat gives two thumbs up.

Dragged from another window in my Firefox browser, ie never saved to my hard drive. Very nice!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is a screen dump of something I didn't dare to download, dragged and dropped from my Images folder:

GO for files1.jpg

The service tools are normally less than 1 MB, and note the word downloader, so is this some kind of malware? I think so.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
To reveal some of the vulnerabilities of Windows XP?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
My trial...
Laramie Sunset 6_6_14.jpg

Apparently, there is a file size limit that results in an error, too.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the most important improvement in the new forum software is the larger allowed file size and larger server usage allowance for stored images. I also like the "Pics from discussions" banner. I found many good threads by clicking a picture that looks interesting. :)

So @Nifty what are the allowed and recommended file sizes and file types?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
@turbguy, what was the exact error you got (screenshot would be awesome) and what size was the image?

@PeterBJ, thanks for the comments & question! We have an attachment limit of 10mb, but images bigger than 1200 x 1000 should automatically be resized to that size. We felt this was big enough for most pictures, and any pictures bigger than that could be zipped and added as an attachment.