Forum danger / New Ender 3

Hector Vilches

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
R2000, 3880, PRO-100, PRO-10
This forum is dangerous, as it has twice now 'made' me buy things. First, I started with an R2000 and now I have more printers than I care to admit in public. Then, I start reading about 3D printing and how people are making custom toilet paper holders... how can one hold back from making your own toilet paper holder?

So yeah, now I have an Ender 3 not two months old and I am blaming this forum. For about $200 it has been a good starter printer for me. I would recommend to those that don't mind tinkering and while it is not a full kit, there is some assembly required.

I've printed all the pre-requisite thingiverse upgrades, like cable clips/guides, PTFE coupler clips, and some nice improvements: bearing spool rollers and guide.

I overcame a warped bed issue with cheap photo framing glass I had around. I cut it to size and removed the sharp edges with a sharpening stone, and I'm holding it with a couple small binder clips... works great!

Looking at a Marlin upgrade to enable all the safety features, maybe a filament sensor runout switch.

Really, thanks!!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This forum is dangerous, as it has twice now 'made' me buy things.
Welcome to the delights of the 3D world, at least it gets you away from these pesky inkjet printers, and you know you can trust the toilet paper holder you make when you didn’t need it..:eek:

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
BRILLIANT! Welcome to the club!!!!!!

Then, I start reading about 3D printing and how people are making custom toilet paper holders... how can one hold back from making your own toilet paper holder?
Funny because it's true! ;)

now I have an Ender 3 not two months old and I am blaming this forum
Great choice! At that price-point, relative ease of assembly, pretty good reliability, and a gazillion articles, videos, posts, etc. about them, I think the Ender 3 is a GREAT printer to start with, and become addicted. I have to keep talking myself out of getting one.

Keep us posted on your projects and tweaks to your new toy!