Firmware upgrade coming to Canon Pro 1000

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
This may be old news.

I am at a Photographic Workshop in Western Massachusetts this weekend.

Was at a lecture on FINE ART PRINTING this afternoon when the lecturer discussed the Canon Pro 1000 and mentioned the firmware upgrade is imminent to fix the size problem and restore it to a genuine 17 x 25 printer.

No idea is this is reliable but I went to the Canon Rep at the workshop, and he confirmed the firmware upgrade is imminent.

For the record the lecturer was John Gregor of Coldsnap Photography. His website is coldsnap.com.

Dunno is this is of interest. If redundant I have no objection to the moderators removing the post.

By the way Canon are flogging the Pro100 here for $349.00 - go figure. Pro 10 for $249.

rs

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Canon are really stupid, in there rush to get the printer to market they didn’t bother to check a lot of things, including leaking ink !, which couldn’t be fixed by the firmware.

The paper size restriction they place on their printers has always been contentious to most users but to launch such a high class unit with a maximum paper length of 56 cm, when they meant it to be 63 cm is just priceless, even that small size is crazy and no RIP can extend it.

It’s taken this long for Canon to own up to their stupid mistake and fix it, I reckon I must be an even bigger idiot because I still love to use their stupid printers.. :idunno