epson xp 600 error code 0x83

ROLO1963

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson xp 600
Hello all!
I have one epson xp 600 that recently was disassembled and now I have this error code 0x83
The WIC Reset Utility tells me this: No reflected light error. Defective Fault Detection Plate (detached or peeled reflector). Sensor failure (contaminated or damaged sensor). PIS board failure.

Any ideas how to begin to fix this nightmare? :)
Thanks for any info or help...
Cheers!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you would need a XP-600 service manual to find out which sensor is causing that error code. 2manuals is selling such manual, I don't know whether there are other free sources for it.

ROLO1963

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson xp 600
you would need a XP-600 service manual to find out which sensor is causing that error code. 2manuals is selling such manual, I don't know whether there are other free sources for it.
Thanks for the info! I will try to get the service manual and see if I can resolve this, anyway this is the last time I buy an epson printer :-(

ROLO1963

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson xp 600
Seems like I have to clean the ¨Fault Protection Plate¨ is a reflector attached on the CR Unit, problem is I have no idea how to reach it!