epson wf et 4550 ink

michael ward

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf et4550
can epson's claria inks be used in wf et4550?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Claria inks are only available in small cartridges, not as a refill ink. You may
use other 3rd party refill ink as offered by various ink suppliers in different countries.

michael ward

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf et4550
Claria inks are only available in small cartridges, not as a refill ink. You may
use other 3rd party refill ink as offered by various ink suppliers in different countries.
INKXPRO has Claria in 100 ml bottles or so they say

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
'Our ink is similar to the Epson Claria Hi-Definition Ink. ' as quoted from their website
http://www.inkxpro.com/Epson-Claria-Hi-Definition-Ink-p/ink-epson-hi-definition-dye.htm

So what does this mean - which property of the genuine Claria ink is in/excluded in the similarity and to which extend - the same color - the same UV-longevity - the same other physical properies - surface tension - viscosity - ph value etc ???
I'm sure the ink will print, even pretty well on the first glance , but you as a customer are not able at all to verify the other parameters.

P.S. Just read their Terms of Use - they do not make any warrantees in terms of suitability, adequacy, performance etc of their products................

Last edited:

michael ward

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf et4550
'Our ink is similar to the Epson Claria Hi-Definition Ink. ' as quoted from their website
http://www.inkxpro.com/Epson-Claria-Hi-Definition-Ink-p/ink-epson-hi-definition-dye.htm

So what does this mean - which property of the genuine Claria ink is in/excluded in the similarity and to which extend - the same color - the same UV-longevity - the same other physical properies - surface tension - viscosity - ph value etc ???
I'm sure the ink will print, even pretty well on the first glance , but you as a customer are not able at all to verify the other parameters.

P.S. Just read their Terms of Use - they do not make any warrantees in terms of suitability, adequacy, performance etc of their products................
many thanks for the link - I have been all over their site but did not stumble on the disclaimer

I'm not sure that I want to risk a new printer on an iffy ink - I wonder if
Epson knows that they are using what I would assume is a trademark to sell their homebrew inks
zie gesundt
michael

michael ward

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf et4550
what is your experience with MOAB desert varnish and other spray on coatings????????

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't have reason to think that this inkxpro ink would not perform in an Epson printer, I just would assume that this ink would perform similar like lots of other dye inks I have tested, far below the longevity performance of genuine manufacturer's inks - Canon, Epson, Fujifilm.
I did not test any of such sprays but I tested a gloss optimizer overprint over dye inks as a UV protection measure, there is some effect but by far not as much as you would like to get, There may be other reasons to use such spray - surface/scratch protection or a more uniform gloss with pigment inks.

michael ward

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson wf et4550
I don't have reason to think that this inkxpro ink would not perform in an Epson printer, I just would assume that this ink would perform similar like lots of other dye inks I have tested, far below the longevity performance of genuine manufacturer's inks - Canon, Epson, Fujifilm.
I did not test any of such sprays but I tested a gloss optimizer overprint over dye inks as a UV protection measure, there is some effect but by far not as much as you would like to get, There may be other reasons to use such spray - surface/scratch protection or a more uniform gloss with pigment inks.
again many thanks - there is so much to think about and so little time for thinking!
Michael