Epson SureColor P800 icc profiles---Where do they live?

emyri

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P800
Hello everyone, my first posting, so please be gentle.
I just bought the Epson SureColor P800, got it set up and working, but there were no icc profiles at all included in the driver/utilities download from the Epson website. I cannot find the profiles anywhere on the Epson website, in fact the page where they SHOULD be located, returns a "Page Not Found" message when I try to access it. I've tried searching the web for other sources, but the only thing I come up with is a handful of profiles for papers I've never heard of.
Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Is there an alternative location I should be checking out?
I really wanted to tackle the whole color management issue with this new printer, but it's difficult without the correct profiles.
Any help would be very much appreciated and thanks for putting up with this newbie's question.

Emyri

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
They are installed with the driver. What is your OS?

emyri

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P800
They are installed with the driver. What is your OS?

MacOS Sierra....the driver installed, the printer is working fine, but there are no icc profiles anywhere I can find....I'm sorry for what sounds like a dumb question, but it's driving me nuts

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I went back to Windows: always problems with drivers, icc, double profiling, software that doesn't run on OS X etc. I bought a iMac for it's design and compactness, but it is still no as versatile compared to a Windows workstation. Also making print screens is a hell of a job and always seems to drop the print screen on my desktop instead of keeping it in RAM memory. My old iPhone 4S did worked with via bluetooth connecting to my iMac previously, but after updating to Yosemite the connection was dropped and connection could not be established anymore, probably because Apple wants you to buy another iPhone.

emyri

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P800
Thanks for your reply....I'm wondering if the profiles even exist yet for MacOS Sierra....maybe they are still working them....it is, however, very frustrating. I appreciate your post.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
MacOS Sierra....the driver installed, the printer is working fine, but there are no icc profiles anywhere I can find....I'm sorry for what sounds like a dumb question, but it's driving me nuts

Yeah That's what I thought!
A Mac User here will help you out I am sure.
One suggestion.
I know it is SO tempting to update the OS as soon as it is released but please think twice about doing so.
Specially after you get your problems sorted out.

Joe

emyri

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P800
Thank you, sir.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If there are problems with Apps and print drivers not working the way they should after you have upgraded, a simple answer is to have as many Mac O/S on external drives or USB sticks as possible and boot from one of them when you need a stable print platform.

These are just a few to pick from, Snow leopard, EI Capitan, Mountain Lion, Yosemite, you need never be caught out again...

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Actually with all versions of Mac OS (X) there is an intrinsic problem with creating profiles. Only with some workarounds and some magic it is possible to disable color management for creating a profile (using Adobe utility for producing profiles or double profiling to neutralise the profiling). I never had any problems under Windows XP, Windows 7 and even Windows 10.
I had used Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Yosemite, El Capitan and now with Sierra with my Macbook Air (the only Mac I still have). All these versions had problems with creating profiles, unless using some (hidden) tricks and 3rd party utilities/software.

emyri

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P800
If there are problems with Apps and print drivers not working the way they should after you have upgraded, a simple answer is to have as many Mac O/S on external drives or USB sticks as possible and boot from one of them when you need a stable print platform.

These are just a few to pick from, Snow leopard, EI Capitan, Mountain Lion, Yosemite, you need never be caught out again...

Thanks for the input....seems like I just upgraded the OS too soon and now have to wait for the profiles (and Epson) to catch up.

But again, thanks.