Epson Stylus SX438W unwanted yellow shade on Black and white text print

masum

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Epson Stylus SX438W unwanted yellow shade on Black and white text print. Its appear PDF print , Doc print event if i use copy option so its not a software problem i guess. I use Refillable cartridge
Thanks
Please see the yellow shade on the text print Thanks

0mzfmwL.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you have a problem with the printhead alignment which creates the shadows during the bidirectional print, the shadows are about 2 pixels apart. You should run the printhead alignment which is a function in the driver on the utility tab. Your scan apparently shows as well what was printed on the backside of the paper, the scan was done with pretty high contrast.

masum

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Ink stained Fingers for quick reply , Here is my alignment print Yellow line is visible even in this print.
and B&W print suppose to only use Black ink or its use color
Thanks again
Masum

jyDW8Dq.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not sure to understand what yellow line you are talking about.
For the alignment I would enter these numbers #0=1 #1=2 #2=5 #3=1 #4=1

I dont' know your driver in detail, but normally you can reprint these patterns as long as you don't leave the alignment process - you enter the numbers and there should be a button to redo the print.
You can as well test a function in your driver on the extended settings - you can disable the 'fast' print option which disables the bidirectional printing.

masum

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks a lot , look like its works

masum

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
- Epson L300 inks are somewhat better than 3rd party inks
Epson L800 inks are somewhat better than L300 inks - tested by WRI, but not as good as the

so can i use L800 ink to my Epson Stylus SX438W printer , (it was based on durabrite cartridge which is pigment based ink but later converted to dye based refill system ) . my refill system use coralgraph.com and some other third party ink , But their yellow color is too light . and print fade away in bright light .
Thanks

masum

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Every time i turn off printer yellow line appear , is there any way i can re set head alignment . Thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
are you talking about the yellow stripe across the complete page almost at the top of the page ?

masum

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
are you talking about the yellow stripe across the complete page almost at the top of the page ?
Yeah , even some time yellow print appear on printed photos white background , but mostly on top of the page .
Thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There may be some contamination at the nozzle plate - please turn on the printer, and pull the power cord when the printhead starts moving, now you can move it freely across the print range. Take a piece of kitchen paper, aobut half of it, fold it and place it into the track of the printhead, spray it with windows cleaner and mover the printhead over it several times to wipe off the nozzle plate, and inspect the cleaning station where the printhead stays when idle. There may be some pigment build up or something which can be wiped away. Are your using original Epson cartridges, or 3rd party cartridges or a CISS for teh ink supply ?