1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: A Real Cool Upgrade to Improve your 3D Printing...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Epson Stylus Photo RX680 - "General Error"

Discussion in 'Epson InkJet Printers' started by Skelekitty, May 22, 2012.

1. May 22, 2012
    Skelekitty

Skelekitty Newbie to Printing

Hi there. My old faithful workhorse seems to have given up the ghost this week and I cannot go without (need it for my invoices/mailing labels/etc.) I have replaced it with a newer model for cheap thanks to rebates and the epson loyalty program, but IF I can fix this baby, I'll keep it and retire it to the home office.

Since last week, I haven't been able to print and receive this error on the display:

*ERROR*
    A printer error has occurred. Turn off the printer and turn it on again. Please see your documentation.

Documentation says to clear all paper from printer, then turn it back on. Then I get the same message again. It's maddening. :barnie

I have gone through the troubleshooting for paper jams several times and have gone through an hour of trouble-shooting with Epson over the phone. Nothin' :he

Again, I have already replaced my text/invoice printer already, but hate to chuck this in the bin if it can be saved. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks! Krissi

2. May 24, 2012
    websnail

websnail Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
    I've got a whole heap of possible problems in this article so rather than repeat the whole thing here you go..

http://www.octoink.co.uk/kb/questions/128

Let me know (here) if you find anything that might help narrow things down... An RX680 is worth hanging onto if you can!

Good luck,

Martin