Epson R3000 Yellow Channel Clogged

rfslens

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON R3000
Hello,

I have an old EPSON R3000 which I tried to use to get into printing. The person that gave me the printer had on it refillable carts with Precision Colors Ink. I made a few prints then it sat for a while.
When I tried to start printing again, I had some clogs in the Black nozzles.
Cleaning cycles fixed some but I still had the black still would not come out. I followed the folded paper towel with cleaning solution method to drain the clog and that worked. I got the black to print perfectly (both MK and PK)
now while I am doing this I got the Yellow cart empty, and I mean it was drained to the end. at the time i had no idea about priming, so i pulled out the cart refilled it by blocking the vent hole and inserting the syringe in the fill hole. I assume that by doing this i may have introduced air because since then no matter what i do the yellow channel will not print (nozzle checks come back empty and I tried printing reference photo also no yellow). I tried cleaning cycles, tried to clean the head again with cleaning solution all to no avail. I tried to reprime the cart did not help. I then got an OEM cart for yellow and that still did not fix it.
is that air in the line between the ink chamber and the print head?... Those lines are semi transparent, I can see with my eyes that all other colors have a continuous solid line inside the tubes the yellow has a solid line to a certain location where it looks empty then another section of yellow then empty again.

Is there a solution for this?
I watched videos about injecting cleaning solution via rubber to the little nozzles where the cart exit port goes but all those were for printers where the carts sit directly over the head. Not sure if this works for the R3000 so i thought i would ask. I am not even sure if that will work with air.

Thanks

DNarro

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Hello rfslens I have the same problem did you get a solution?